"Immature Playboys and Predatory Tricksters: Studies in the Sources, Scope and Reach of Don Juan," edited by Carmen Rasilla and Jorge Abril Sanchez
Prominent scholars present their perspectives on the sources, scope and reach of the literary figure of Don Juan in this collection of fourteen essays. The essays are grouped into six sections:
• The Authorship of El Burlador de Sevilla
• The Cosmological, Geographical and Spiritual Spaces of the Trickster of Seville
• Don Juan’s Principles: Perversion, Hedonism and Ludic Theatricality
• The Classic Playboy Under the Feminist Gaze
• Don Juan’s Protean Legacy
• Don Juan’s Reach, Painted and Filmed
The complete table of contents is here: (PDF ONESHEET)
ERRATA: The first small run of this book did not include notes for one of the articles. In case you have one of these copies, the article is presented in its entirety here.
ISBN 978-1-58871-345-2 (HB). $40.